Financial Aid Splash Image

Need Based Grants/Scholarships

Need based aid is determined through the results of the FAFSA.   

Federal need-based aid

Pell Grant - Awarded to students with high need. Amounts may change yearly. 

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) - Awarded to students with exceptional financial need and has limited funding. 

State need-based aid 

Tuition Equilization Grant (TEG) - Awarded to eligible students based on their demonstrated financial need.  Funding is limited so awards are provided on a first-come/first-served basis.

UMHB need-based scholarships

UMHB awards a variety of institutional scholarships and endowed scholarships.  These scholarships are used to help meet students demonstrated financial need. 










Financial Aid
Address:  900 College Street, UMHB Station Box 8080, Belton, TX 76513
Phone: (254) 295-4517 | Fax: (254) 295-5009