Financial Aid Splash Image

Financial Aid

The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor makes available a broad range of financial assistance to worthy and qualified students. Most financial aid is awarded in accordance with demonstrated need for assistance, as determined by use of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Certain University scholarships are awarded upon the basis of excellence in academics or proficiency in a particular field of study or activity.

All financial aid is granted for no more than a nine-month academic period. Financial aid is renewable each year, upon reapplication (completion of the FAFSA), if the student is in good academic standing. Possible changes in the amount of aid for each succeeding year may occur because of changes in funding levels and applicants' financial data.


Submit your FAFSA earlier. You can file your 2018–19 FAFSA as early as Oct. 1, 2017. This earlier submission date was a permanent change that began last year. If you file the FAFSA early, you’ll have expedited information on how much your family is expected to contribute, which will help with budgeting for the upcoming school year.

Students are required to report income and tax information from themselves and their parent(s), as appropriate.  The 2018-19 FAFSA uses your 2016 income and tax information, rather than your 2017 income and tax information. This makes the FAFSA easier because you have already completed your taxes by the time you fill out your FAFSA, and you may be able to automatically import your tax information into your FAFSA from the IRS.


Apply for Financial Aid »


Financial Aid
Address:  900 College Street, UMHB Station Box 8080, Belton, TX 76513
Phone: (254) 295-4517 | Fax: (254) 295-5009